View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #1212
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Took Friday off as mentioned, also went out in the truck to fetch a long passage carpet runner for Craigs wife, new, unused (the carpet)

Started chatting to the sellers husband as you do, turns put he has a 1963 registered VW Beach Buggy (for sale like all things in life)

He used to be a Land Rover guy for many years, short story long, he sold me a screen for £10.00 which I gave to @glenanderson who was popping down on Sunday to drop off a windscreen for me to use on the Rezin Rockit, as well as some signs from @forkliftfred whom he bought an engine from.

Into the truck it went, along with the passage runner.

Saturday afternoon I started on another distraction that has been years in the want/planning.

An arch over the bottom of the driveway that once overgrown will help create a visual line and block the line of sight down to the garage, looking from the street.

Basic idea, just to get the feel for what it will look like.

Ot should be 8’2” tall on the underside, with a pair of 15” trellises front and rear that will be removable, either by unhooking from clips, or unscrewing if it seems to need extra stability.

Not at all like this by the way.

Measured out.

Hedge carefully cut back to create a recess, so that actual drive is not compromised for when cars or trucks come to the bottom. Also allowing the caravan to be removed.

18” deep holes dug both sides for the small holding foundations on the uprights.

After that, my back asked me to slow down, so I started a fire instead…….

You know what happened next of course.

Both current lodgers were in, So Sally and I decided a BBQ was a perfect way to spend the late afternoon.

Drinks, Pretzels, chat…….

Fire, food.

Served.

Happy, all of us, it was a good meal, music and alcohol.

David the Electrical engineering managers wife and kids are in Vietnam, last saw them February last year, that must suck.
Interestingly, he mostly works in Saudi Arabia, Emirates and other places where alcohol is less used, and as a habit does not use alcohol.

Anthony is a retired Royal Engineers RSM who runs his own training company. t2p.co.uk

David may stay a year for his full contract, or if Saudi Arabia and the rest opens up, he may go back there sooner, Anthony is sorting his life and could be here for an indeterminate time.

In the mean time, the are good company.

Sunday was Bootfair and a bit of together time with Sally, making stuff.

More later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote