View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 08:04 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

Re: Pic Thread: Police Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
The 1964 Olds 442 with 4 spd was available with a police pursuit package though I don't know that Arkansas had any.
An older ASP trouper told me and some friends back in 1963 and 64 Arkansas had 2 Chevy SS409 pursuit cars, dual quads and 4 speeds. So far I'm not having any luck finding pics of early 60's ASP cars.
But now days you just don't know what kind or color of car or suv to look out for. They are driving many different colors with many unmarked units.
I don't know why they would want a 4spd in a police vehicle when they need a free hand for the mic.

Did you see the badges on the '66 Biscaynes I showed?

Maryland has their traditional paint scheme which I really like. They've tried to venture away to something new but always seem to come back to the original

I'm working my way through the years. I'm not sure if they still run the Caprices, but those are click looking cruisers
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote