View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:40 PM   #123
thetucks

Re: 1972 Chevy Pickup Project.

Ok ive had my new door seals setting in the box for a couple months now waiting to put them on. I got them out today and went to install them. They suck big time. I have to slam the doors really hard to get the doors to shut. That was not going to work. Then I remembered reading on here a while back about the seals taking forever to break in and that the dodge dakota seals work really well. So....I made a trip to the u-pull salvage yard today and found myself a set of door seals from a 95 dodge dakota. They look exactly like the new ones i have but they are really soft. and you dont have to glue them on they are push on. I also pickup up a couple door rubber grommets to run my power window and door lock wiring in. I had to try the door seals right away. and success.... they were 3 inches too long so I cut off the excess. The doors shut now without having to slam them.

The next thing is I need some advice. I took off my tahoe exhaust and put on stainless short headers and was planning on installing true duel exhast with glass packs. the question is : I dont know what to do about the 2nd oxygen sensor. It is suppose to be after the cats, but if i run new exhaust I wont have any cats. so.......should I just put the factory exhaust back on with the stock muffler? I was really hoping for a little more sound but I dont want it to be extremly loud. Im open for any input. thanks in advance.
thetucks is offline   Reply With Quote