View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 11:04 PM   #814
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC “Project Splice”

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryans69chevy View Post
That looks comfortable... you are going through that truck with a fine toothed comb and doing a mighty fine job at it. Every step is well thought out.

I was back tracking through your build again the other day and noticed you took out that indent on the passenger side for your vintage air kit. I was thinking of doing that as well, but didn't know if I wanted to go through all the work of cutting the cowl piece that you also removed to access all that stuff. The way you did it made it look pretty easy. Maybe I should just go for it. I already patched a few spots, but haven't cut apart all the rust where my firewall is lapped. The way you did might actually be easier than getting new metal in around those wicked bends.
Haha they look like rat rod seats now. I can't sit in there and pretend. Thanks for the compliments. As for the cowl, with what you are dealing with for rust, I do agree that it would most likely be easier to eliminate that sharp curve. Just go for it! Its only metal and it can always be welded back up.

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote