View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 01:40 PM   #1006
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Vintage 4wd Pictures:Other Makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think your neighbors would rather "see" that sitting at your house than "hear" it going down the road . Cool truck. When I was a kid those were my favorite military vehicles. Too cool

Sorry for the crappy pictures. A local guy is into the Oshkosh trucks pretty deep. There's nowhere to pull over so I grabbed a few shots from the road
As kids we had a WWII style 6X6 in the backyard to play on and once we found a half-track outside of town that had been converted to a boom truck. One day we clmbed the fence to get a better look. As we were checking it out a woman came out ot the house and yelled at us to "GET". She then turned her dog loose. With an 1/8 mile head start we beat the dog to the fence line. Needless to say we never went back.

Probably not very likely but those could be Idaho department of transportation trucks. They used to paint all their vehicles yellow with black hoods. I even remember seeing their dozers and road graders (Hood behind the cab ) painted that way.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 10-20-2021 at 01:51 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote