View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 01:56 PM   #5380
leegreen

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I have a very similar home brew wiper setup, but I used the original vacuum motor mount points and designed it to work with the original links and pivots.

I studied the raingear install, it puts the motor in a different location under the dash than I used, but there is a note about 'correct orientation points down'. That implies it might be possible to install it wrong?
Raingears sells a small switch and an intermittent version that is much larger - with no notes about fit problems with either.

Tempest67 - do you have the 2 speed raingear system with only one speed hooked up? raingear notes that you cannot use a GM column with their system
my experience is similar, I used a 2 speed 5 wire motor from a 2000s dodge RAM as it was small - it appears very similar to the raingear motor. a Toyota motor I had worked identical: you put power to L, H or park and that is how the aftermarket rotary switches work. my 80s GM column switch would not park this style of wiper without adding some relays -or wiring it as a single speed system. That column provides power to Park when the switch is in Low
leegreen is online now   Reply With Quote