View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:48 PM   #94
BIG HEAD

Re: 72' Stepside 2 1/2 Rockwell Pond Truck

as i have prevouisly posted the cab was worse than i first thought. it came from the original owner. it had never been painted. but when i got it back from the media blaster i new i had my hands full. the crazy thing is how the project started. i wanted to build a 67-72 4 x 4. i've had several 2wd's. and i had enough parts to build a 4wd minus a frame. i just about decided i was going to convert a 2wd frame when i got a call about a 71' gmc 2500 4x4. after talking to the owner he wanted more than i was wanting to spend for the truck. but i went and looked at it anyway. i told the owner that i liked the truck but did not want to spend that much on the thing and left. later that nite the guy called me and told me he would take 1000.00 for it. he came off $2000.00 with out asking. so i bought it later that week after telling a friend about the purchase he told me he had a 72' short 4x4 frame behind his shop i could have if i came and got it. so i started this project with this free frame. i want to build a clean truck with a dana 60 front / 70 rear, 4.88 gears and lockers. aset of 44 bogger tires. that is what i did. well i had my rolling chassi. so then i went to a mud bogg and had to get some rockwells. i did, put some 4 inch blocks between the 12 inch springs and axles. when i had that all done i traded a buddy my springs for the coilovers and built the 4 link suspention.
i still have all the parts minus the springs to build a street truck. So that is what i am going to do next with the 71' 2500 gmc long bed.
BIG HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote