View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 10:43 PM   #14
joedoh

Re: Front suspension feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
the newer design stuff uses the vertical plate mounting as it is apparently stronger.
its not just stronger, my day job is engineering and I see this all the time, its about direction of force

on the t nut stuff the direction of force is in line with the slots, when the arm moves up or down the force is horizontal, the t nuts clamping force has to hold the arm in its position as the arm is trying to push it back or forth in the slot.

with the vertical mount, the horizontal force is taken by the vertical mount, not the clamping force of the nuts, which is what you want .

tightening the t nuts down on that mild steel can really booger it up and make it harder to stay tight, especially with lock washers. we went to a swap meet here recently and a guy with a 46 had a MII and his camber and caster was wayy out on one side, the t nuts had come loose on the drive.

get the vertical type if you can, although other guys have given you really good first hand experience with the kit you asked about so dont just take my not-first-hand advice either.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote