View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 09:32 AM   #255
88Stanger

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
This week I have mostly been spending money....

And redoing things I did 4 years ago.

Let's address the spending money part first shall we. Makes a change for me to be spending my own rather than other people...

Thanks to the generosity of a Mark AKA Riverstory, who sent a rebuildable core to RedHead in San Fran, I now have a freshly rebuilt steering box to replace the rather loose one that Woody is currently equipped with. Should be with me in the next 2-3 weeks as it is going in with a car being imported, fingers crossed. Including tax's that was $305.

Next! Not needed right now but as a car was coming over seemed foolish not to take advantage, were the cab and front clip mounts. Big debate on whether to go for Poly or rubber - ended up going for rubber, partly for the NVH considerations, well actually mostly for the NVH... That was $70

Next on the list was the rear control arm bushes as, upon closer investigation, mine were shot. Ended up going with Energy Suspension Poly bushes as there were no rubber ones in stock. Thanks to a 5% discount at Rock Auto that came to £39 shipped.

And finally the absolute bane of my life... Steel-It paint. Back in stock so, hopefully got more than I needed to finish everything off. Think that will end up being around £130.

Gulp, that's about £450... Oh well its not as if I have been to the pub in the last 14months.

On a positive though I really don't have a huge amount left to buy - other than a gearbox - Think I am down to a set of front tyres, fuel pump, battery and a few sundries. Guessing that adds up to around £350, not too bad.

As I am at the stage where I cant really go forward decided to take apart and prep the front suspension for paint, once it arrives, along with the control arms and all the sundries that I missed earlier.

Seemed like a good idea but the paint I used 4 years ago is sticking to the metal more effectively than Gorilla Glue to a young ladies hair. Looks like the Knot Wheel of Truth (tm) is going to make a reappearance to get it off before any more blasting.

I did blast one of the lower control arms and most of a rear control arm before the F1 called me in funny enough just as it started to rain so perfect timing.

Forgot that I had stitched the arms together so that is another job off the list!

Bloody hellfire what a boring update! but then this is more for my benefit that yours as I am determined to get Woody rolling by the end of the month - he might not be steering but he will be rolling!!

So, until next time.

Onwards!

P.
I understand that you think it is a boring update and to some it may be, but as you said to you it is not, more like a motivation to keep moving forward. I feel this way alot recently with the work on the cab... same story, same crap, i am am almost over it but damn it has been "boring" but motivating.... i just look in the shed and see all the new parts just sitting there waiting to go in.... lol I know though that a solid good base is the most important thing to have to start... so onward i march.
You are coming along good, just keep moving forward and in short enough time you will be so happy you did.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote