View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 10:05 AM   #265
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Well that was a surprise... Another deadline well and truly missed.

BUT! Its not my fault honest Guv....

I had actually got all of the front suspension, cleaned painted greased and ready for final assembly when I decided to give the dust seals (they are actually more like grease seals) another little clean up resulting in 3 of the 4 splitting.

No pictures as my phone decided it didn't like being covered in paint and grinding dust but imagine a round black rubber thing with a hole in the middle and you will not be a million miles away...

Oh....Bumhats....

Now, I could have thrown them together with the split dust shields - they go on the lower A arm and keep grease in the bearing caps- but that would have continually nagged at me until I stripped the suspension to redo them at a later date.

AND!! As the time scale is self imposed to ensure that I keep momentum, and a record of what I am doing, decided to order up a new set from the States.

However....

The damn things have still not left the warehouse... Grrrr....

So I returned to the rear and got everything ship shape and Bristol fashion....

Cant find the gasket for the diff cover so something else that will have to be ordered up.

Doesn't look it but a lot of time and effort have gone into making all of the fit, line up, look good and most importantly work together.

Once I get the front suspension on will pull Woody's chassis outside for a bath, the old boy is looking a bit grubby.

So, in closing, still stuff to do - hopefully the olives will turn up so I can fit the fuel return line - including running the brake lines, re fitting the fuel tank, fitting the engine in the chassis so I can test fire it and erm well a huge amount more. Good news, compared to when I started I now appear to have a chassis whereas before I had a Mecanno kit...

Progress will slow down for a few weeks whilst I wait for the final parts to fit the from suspension and then I have to start on the cab.... Oh dear....

Until the next time... ONWARDS!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote