View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
burbluv

Rebuilding a deluxe heater in a 62

So I am trying to undertake a big job for me. I love the classics and have had a few but I am really trying to do more myself so I can learn, so I can truly appreciate my vehicle and so I don't go broke. Long story short when I picked up my Suburban about 8 months ago the last owner took out the deluxe heater and installed an underdash heater with no defrost. The underdash heater is a cheaper plastic unit which does not look good, does not work well and I need defrost. So I have been on a mission to rebuild what was lost. Below are photos of what I have pulled together through the local pick n pull and other places. I know I am missing some parts but not sure if I am missing more than I can see and would love help on getting this back in. In my second picture you will notice my heater assembly is dented and damaged and missing the blower motor and fan so if anyone has one for sale I am looking. On LMC I have found the blower motor and fan
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cbe/full.aspx?Page=33
I am wondering if I should try to salvage the deluxe heater core or just buy a new one at LMC also. I did pick up a deluxe control heater set but I will need a resistor, a seal kit and a fan switch. Am I missing anything else? I have all the schematics, the shop manuals and factory assembly CDs and I am thinking of taking everything, hot tanking it all at my local shop, painting and trying like hell to get it all back together and working. I think I am looking for a clear path forward, suggestions on what I can re-use, an undented lower heater assembly (pic 2) and someone to kick me in the ass and say you can do this chicken shat. Here are the pics.
Thanks,
AJ
Attached Images

burbluv is offline   Reply With Quote