View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #4855
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

GALAXY: Great service.

Paid for itself, and saved me some cash.

Cost me £700.00 in maintenance to run for 14 months excluding,tax and insurance. Got £150 of that plus purchase price back.

Now on its way to be broken for parts and shipped to Nigeria.

Would I recommend it to anyone else.

Absolutely.

Remove the rear seats and you have a cavernous van with capability and comfort well beyond what it deserves.

BLAND, BLAND, BLAND BUT FUNCTIONAL.

Want some fun? Go out and buy a 1.4 petrol Berlingo like Prozac and fold the seats down.

Roll on S10 Truck.

PS:

Though this is mostly a USA site, thought it worth mentioning.

I feel it justified to give ESURE Insurance a punt on here today.

They came in as the lowest sensible quote by over £200.-0 for the same service when I insured the Galaxy.

And their renewal this year, dropped another £20.00 plus off that.

So I called to cancel and spoke to a lovely lady called Caitlin who cancelled the policy, informing me that my refund would be £151.00 as there was a £35.00 cancellation fee (I feel it’s a pits take from insurance companies) but we agree to that in the fine print.

I said I tried online and telephonically to insure the S10 with them, but failed.

Then she asked me to hold on while she spoke to her supervisor, three minutes later she was back.

ESURE could not insure the truck, therefore my cancellation was not my fault, and they wanted to waive the cancellation fee.

I have to say, that was a surprise and will have me go back to them first for any future insurance first.

Customer care.

Simple really.

Last edited by Grizz1963; 01-05-2021 at 12:02 PM.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote