View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 10:08 PM   #12
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

I took some photos of the worst rust areas, the passenger and driver's side look roughly the same. I can't see exactly where the water came from, but I think it may have been the windshield seal and the drip rail. I would appreciate any experience that you all can share when it comes to what to expect and need to replace.

The windshield seal doesn't sit completely flat, and the previous owner used bathroom caulking on the drip rail. I plan to strip it out this week to investigate. I am hoping this is the source of the water, there is no rust from underneath and the cowl looks really good. I am also hoping that the drip rail isn't completely rotten.

Let me know if there are any areas that I should be looking at that I haven't mentioned. The photos are the passenger footwell and kick panel, the door channel (looks pretty rough), and down into the rear lower rocker. I see some rust through the outside of the rocker, but I can't tell if it is from under the bad respray or from the backside of the metal.
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote