View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
liftmeup

Prodject 1-ton changing back to probject stock ?

I think after getting started on redoing my 72 chevy k20 as a 30 swap I want to revert to doing the truck back to stock as a friendly to use, stock truck.

I had purchased a 87 crew cab 3500 SRW for $1,800 with 4.10 gears, 350 efi, with 4 speed 465/ 205 set up all stock. Its a low mile state park truck. My plan was to swap the complete driveline efi setup and all over to my 72 and install a 52" leaf spring lift setup so I would a fairly tuff truck that easy on fuel with the efi and 4 speed.

I think it would be cool to do but I just can't see myself taking a fresh truck and busting it up. The truck as all the original parts right now and I know there is still a lot of them around but many have been whored out modded to death and such I think this is my chance to save a stock truck.

Guess i am looking for thoughts on this whole thing.... what would you do? rational reasons? I need to get a plan in gear before it gets cold again and my wife is tired of looking a the yellow monster in the driveway. (crewcab)