View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #64
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Whats The Best Wax Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbgmike View Post
We sell Wizard products. Not on our site right now. We have sold many companies waxes Mothers, Mequiars, 3m, even Geoffrey Bodines waxing frenzy. The main ingredient is still Carnuba Wax. Wax opinions have been debated for years now and for years to come. You will see these guys at the cars shows in the future waxing with the latest and greatest Formula and how theirs is superior. Not trying to be negative but they all spend a lot of money marketing wax. The old mop and glow ploy salesman used to call it.
You can purchase Wizards from their website, directly. I buy enough each time to get my shipping cost zeroed out. Three boxes of any of their products and they eat the shipping. I then sell my extra stuff to my friends at a little over my cost and we all do well at a cheaper rate. I do shop around, and if there is something that is touted as the hot thing, I will try it to see if it is worth changing over to. So far I am still with Wizards. I even spent some time at a detail seminar that Mequiars presented on a trip that I was on, they lost big time and then they wanted to know who they were up against. I would not tell them, to make sure that they were not too upset.

The carnuba waxes is a definite way things started many years ago, but i don't have the time or the elbow grease to do it that way. There are many grades of carnuba and the Zymol line used to have them all. They sell their basic waxes in places like Walmart at a cost that you will accept, but it is very low in carnuba. Their high speed rated waxes will cost you in the triple digits to buy one small container.

Another company that has come on the market is Surf City and they were one of the sponsors on this year's Hot Rod Power Tour. I have not used their carnuba based products yet, but they are on my work bench as I write.