View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
LBJ

Re: 77 Bonanza Windshield Washer Spray Pump? SUCCESS!

OK, got the replacement from Rock Auto and FIRST tested it on the bench. This one works! Got it installed and texted. There's a delay between depressing the wiper "spray" switch and the spray coming on. In fact, I have to hit the switch twice to make it spray. Maybe that's to make sure it isn't an accidental bump. Only have it one one side as I have lost the other spray nozzle over the last 12 years! Have to make a new one, but not a problem. Also, had to reverse the wiring connector as the hot wire was on the wrong side. I coulda just flip the plastic cover over, but that left the wires open to water. Anyway, no big deal, it works.

One more detail. Even though the ground wire is connected to the main plug next to the hot wire, the pump still needs to have a proper ground to the metal framework. So, before assuming the pump isn't working, GROUND the metal frame to the chassis! On mine, there is a little ground strap below the unit that must be pulled forward and the attaching screw needs to secure it to the metal frame.
Attached Images

Last edited by LBJ; 12-12-2019 at 11:56 AM.
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote