View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 10:14 AM   #18
-Greg72

Re: Lifting your truck and garage door height

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP7 View Post
Damn , look that big screen TV in the garage, and those tool box lookin' cabnets ! Exposed aggregate concrete driveway finish !

Is there a Jacuzzi in there too ?
HA.... no, the jacuzzi is out in the backyard.

To be clear, the garage most certainly did NOT look like that when I bought this house 4 years ago. It was just a plain-Jane setup with no decent electrical hookups, terrible lighting, no insulation and a ceiling height that would make it impossible to do a lot of the work that needed to be done.

It took about 2 years to get it all put together, and that delayed the actual truck build during that time, but the results were worth it. Now it's a great, comfortable space to work even when the Austin summers are over 100 degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
As far as major social media always was a light user. While I was subscribed to most, all accounts are closed and 100% quit now. If you have time it would be nice to see a bit more about the truck here. Had to look up ORI. Air shocks, right?

There is a 12-year build thread going over on CK5.com (link in my .sig) if you want to see more details in a "non social media" setting. Over 8000 posts.... 1.5 million views.... and tons of photos of the entire process from 2008 when then all started. I call it the "Might As Well K5" build because every time I would start digging into an issue (rust, etc) I would decide to just keep digging deeper to resolve every other issue I found. It felt like I was so far invested, that it would be silly to ignore issues that I knew were there... so I 'might as well" just spend the extra time to do everything as well as I could.... 12 years later, I'm still saying that same expression to myself but at least now I've reached in as far as possible and am now building my way back OUT!!!

BTW -> ORI is not really an air-shock per se... it's a nitrogen charged strut with hydraulic oil in it but charged from an upper and lower chamber to establish desired ride height and spring stiffness. They are pretty slick.

1972 K5 - 502BBC/4L80E/Magnum205/Mog-9s/5.26s/38" BFG KM2s

Find me on INSTAGRAM @MIGHTASWELLK5

'72 K5 - Greg's "Might As Well™" Build
-Greg72 is offline   Reply With Quote