View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 04:42 PM   #29
robnolimit

Re: No Limit Trailing Arm Rear Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
Rob I notice the coil springs are located in front of the axle but the older kit I have they are behind the axle. Any reason for this, I know my 71 isn't a weekend racer but just thought I would ask.
I always thought the further out they where would help with the body roll.
Ha I went back and read the other post's after I read this last night at work.
Man I wish I could afford one of your whole system's for my truck!
A man has to have dreams I guess!
Mostly yes, as far as shock spacing goes. Our FatBar and 3-Link have the shocks to the rear and outside. And, we did a coil-over kit for the OE trailing arms years ago (like 20) (that hurt to say) that was back and out. Our FatBar and 3-link use suspension geometry to get the trucks to work well and smooth out the ride. With the new trailing arm system, we were confined to some of the OE geometry, so we had to find other ways to smooth it out. So we used the leverage from the trailing arm in our new kit. And, believe it or not, we've learned a few things in twenty years. Our big goal here was to deliver on the promise of a true bolt-on suspension system that is reasonably priced (check the competitors offerings) and delivers actual performance and a better quality ride. Not as easy as it sounds, but I believe that we did it.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote