View Single Post
Old 11-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Hughes torque converters

I haven't had an automatic rebuilt for a long time. Back then I found a shop that sat back on a road with only the address posted out by the road. The guy could have been a NASA engineer. I think he had been before starting this business. This shop did the transmissions for all the leading shops including AAMCO. He also did all the racing transmissions for those in the know. With all his vast knowledge he doesn't send a rebuilt transmission out the door, with a guarantee, unless it's with a new torque convertor. Not only do they get contaminated by a trans failure, he said they are usually the cause of the failure. I'm no transmission tech so I've gone by this ever since. No matter what you discover failed I'd be going for a quality torque convertor. I can't make any recommendations since I haven't purchases one in so long

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote