View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #1
sixSEVENcTEN

Project Simple Green - Lucille - 1967 C10 Porterbuilt/AccuAir

Time to get caught up (well somewhat at least). This will be an on-going effort to get to "current", but hopefully somewhere along the way I can share some things that help others.

Thanks to all of you on this site for your inspiration, information, and entertainment. I'm just lucky to be a part of such a cool group. Also thanks to our vendors such as Porterbuilt and AccuAir who have, through the way they have treated me, provided 100% confirmation that I bought the right parts from the right people.

Why Project "Simple Green"? It's Medium Green and staying that way, to put it simply. The plan has always been to keep the time capsule intact, go as low as I can with factory everything, keep it simple. It's my first build, don't get in over my head, simple is the recipe.

Why name the truck "Lucille"? She's Medium GREEN, I found her in Clover, SC and, well, everyone else used "Lucy" or "Lucky". Makes sense that a LWB shouldn't get the abbreviated name, so we'll go formal with her. Lucille is a shout-out to my late grandmother as well, she deserves to be honored.

STARTING POINT:
numbers matching (283, Muncie 3-Speed on Column), straight body, limited non-structural rust in easy-to-fix places

It ran when I got it, smoked like a freight train, but ran nonetheless. Previous owner had put a new gas tank in it and then rebuilt the 2-barrel for me for an extra $100 when i bought it (quite laughable now that the 2-barrel is in the scrap bin, but that $100 is what allowed me to get it on the trailer and in my garage under it's own smokey power, so I'll say it was worth it). I said time-capsule earlier, and that couldn't be more accurate. Original seat cover (trashed bottom but nice back actually), cigarette lighter still there, 92k on the odometer, 1983 Georgia Inspection Sticker frosted forever into the windshield, triple OG gun rack, GM stickers still perfect on the doors, one farm mirror and one regular, steel bed in fine shape, tailgate still works, completely bone stock everything under the hood, doors shut and latch effortlessly. Fair starting spot.

Teaser of where this thread is headed:

1967 C10 LWB Fleetside - Original 283, Muncie 3-Speed on Column -Porterbuilt Stage 1 Front / Stage 2 Rear Accuair E-Level iLevel - GM Transit 22s w/ '52 caps
Project Simple Green the build of Lucille - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=650871
sixSEVENcTEN is offline   Reply With Quote