View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 03:58 AM   #521
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

I really wanted to paint the drums and Callipers ORANGE to go with the polybushes………

But patience being one of my absolute virtues, that has been wearing thin lately, I did not want to wait to find Orange, so ended up at three shops that all had Red, Black, Silver in VHT Paint.

So by the time I got to Aghabridge at the local industrial site I declined the colours they had, then as I had my hand on the door, I turned around and asked for a can on Simoniz VHT in Red.

I may still regret this move, but waiting for Ebay to deliver a can at £15.00 including the postage vs £9.00 for this can……. May be a false economy.

Lets see if I can live with it.

Blanked off the insides of the drums with my loyal CAD plugs.

Shiny wet paint.

And drying.

Once I order the front callipers, pads and shoulder bolts, they will get painted red as well to match.

I really hope it all goes together as I am currently only on Black and Orange, with the Red now added.

Stopping in at mate Kevins workshop yesterday

He was super excited as he had been given a pair of 60’s VW Beetle front indicators to use as rear indicators on the rear mudguards

They need some work as there is some rust under the chrome.

However, I also know that the older 50’s Beetles have smaller units that may look a bit nicer and daintier on the rear fenders.

Question is………….

Does anyone have decent, complete a set of the older units to sell or donate?

Please post or PM me.

Also rescued from Kevins bin, these flaring tools, said to be rubbish.

If anyone wants to collect them, free of charge, or pay postage, they are available as a joblot to any masochist out there.

Friday…….

Weekend soon.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote