View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 06:03 PM   #20
burnin oil

Re: 4x4 conversion with manual steering

Update. I worked on the rear of the truck replacing the leaf springs and adding the lift blocks to level the truck out. I also got the 3.5" brakes installed other than running new lines. I had ordered a steering box rebuild kit from Eklers and took the day before the rain to pull the box down. No oil left inside and a roached bearing. It looks like I made the right decision to fix it now since I don't think there is any permanent damage. My only real question is how do you get mud daubers inside the steering box??? Other than that the box is drying from soaking and wire brushing.. I should be able to start replacing the bushing tomorrow and then its reassembly time. Next week I will have to hit the part store for lube, a rubber brake line, and working out the drag link equation. Once the weather clears I need to take a few days off of the truck to do some house maintenance and redo the jeep rear. Once I get the front end worked out I will put a post up about what I used. I want to leave a record for the next guy who does a conversion.
burnin oil is offline   Reply With Quote