View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Daner

Re: Just a few Q's before jumping into S-10/49GMC swap

Well primary reason for a swap is that the 1949 GMC in question is a grain truck. I don't have anything against grain trucks. We still use a chevy from the early 60s for odd jobs. But the 49 has just been sitting outside in the same place for 25 years deteriorating. I feel like money put into it would be best spent on an updated chassis. I live out in the country so any suspension mods or drops to the s10 I think are out of the question, especially since the lovely oil boom has chewed up and spit out the roads. lol

The only reason I would keep the original frame would be if I made it into a toy hauler. Which I don't really need since none of my cars/trucks are painted. It would be cool though. I don't plan on painting this truck either. It's a nice patina 5 window.

Some things are a little different from the pickups like the front bumper and shorter running boards. I was thinking of putting a stakeside type of bed on the back instead of a pickup box. Maybe cut down the original grain box and use that.

This a pic of one. Different color though.
49 GMC Grain truck 235 1 1/2 ton
76 Chevy 350/4 speed 1/2 ton

Last edited by Daner; 11-05-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: added stuff
Daner is offline   Reply With Quote