View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #174
jlsanborn

Re: My '67 Fleetside C10 renew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
WOW...great SHOP !! jealous !
Thanks Mike! It's been a project of its own. Three years ago it was a "barn" with a 20' x 20' hole cut in the side and corrals inside. No power either.

[quote=FrankieD;5604826]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
Yay! Half-a$$ cleaned the shop! It's always a damn $hit-hole and I just had to put a broom down before I got to doing anything. It's about 50% shop and 50% storage shed but I've got plans for that in the future.

We all would love a place like that to work in but the heat bill in the winter would kill me. Lucky Dog
Thanks Frankie! I enclosed that loft I built for the wife and made my little workshop under there. It's insulated to the hilt and I've got a small baseboard heater on a t-stat to keep it from freezing. I made the slider door big enough to get projects in and out. I can take the chill off pretty quickly and work on most things I need to. Got a computer and tunes in there too. The rest of the shop is a wood-stove affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
PS- what you're doing looks good! Skim it 3-4 inches either side of the low spot. Knock it down till the mud featheredges. LEAVE IT. IT'LL FEEL HIGH. LEAVE IT. Repeat over damage on the rest of the panel. Hose it with 3 good coats of featherfill 2.0. 80 block the featherfill, tap down high spots lightly. 2more coats of featherfill. Block with 150. Reprime. Block with 220. Reprime. Wetsand with 400 on a block. Spray color. Drink and giggle.
Posted via Mobile Device
How the heck did you get Boppa's done so fast doing all that!? What did you use for filler? I got some stuff called Half Time from Napa. They said its their most popular. It is some tuff sanding tho! I've been working on the doors lately and will get those primered first. If everything looks good, I'm golden. If it looks bad then I've got my work cut out for me!
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471776
jlsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote