View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 04:24 AM   #9
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Four 12" subs in a blazer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'blazer View Post
I'm going to be running two subs off one amp and two off the other, I'm not piggy backing them all together, should I keep two and two seperated or all individual?
Are you running one amp L and one amp R (i.e amps in stereo), or are you running a sub-out signal (mono) to each? Or I guess you could run two seperate pairs of stereo'd subs.

If you want to run 2 and 2, using one amp for each channel, then you can keep them divided as such. FWIW tho, if you go through the work of doing each sub individually, no matter which amp setup or output setup you run, you'll have the cleanest option. By that I mean; if you keep them separate, you can run them any way you want, without having to go back and think about how it will affect the system. Once the boxes are sized and ported/baffled, then you have the freedom to run mono, stereo, mono at separate freq's (like if you wanted two different sized subs). You also get the redundancy that it offers. If you have an anomaly that could damage the sub, you don't risk allowing collateral damage.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote