View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 01:59 PM   #17
Dexterb

Re: Blue Two Tone 1990 Suburban Build

I should mention, that with the fuel filler tube/neck, the shackle would just barely rub the vent line with the Belltech Shackles. There is a hose clamp that attaches to the filler neck that attaches to the bottom of small bracket on the bed to position/support the fuel filler beck. I took off this hose clamp and zip tied the the filler and vent hose together, pulling over the vent hose, and then zip tied the filler hose to a gap under the bed support and pulled the hoses away from the shackle. I plan on finding a better solution, but spoke with someone that said they did this for years and had no issues and they had 2" shackles. I'm pretty sure it only touches under full droop and moves towards the back, away from the fuel vent lines under compression. I will try to remember and confirm.

I know a few people mentioned having a muffler shop fix it, and i wasn't sure if they were just getting them to bend it with a tubing bender or if they were cutting it off and welding a new piece in with a bend. I didn't want to waste money trying to figure out the best way while sitting at the muffler shop until i can verify and see a picture of someones muffler shop fix.
Dexterb is offline   Reply With Quote