View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #41
DustinU

Re: 1969 Blazer...To be my daily driver

So it has been a while since I had any updates. I had the cage made, front seats finished and bought parts, lots of parts. Pulled everything out to install the fatmat, carpet, paint the cage, dash/instrument panel work etc. Found out that the door hinges were worn out, after pulling the doors I found a lot of rusted out metal and large amounts of bondo. Doors were cracked near the hinge mount locations, the bottom of the doors are pretty shot. I focused on the hinge area with plans to take off and repair the doors properly later.

Here is the cage, a big thanks to Steve at roughneckoffroad.com for doing a great job fabbing it up, it turned out great!

Rattle canned it with VHT Roll bar epoxy paint, satin black.

I bought a beat up hard top and cut the front 1' off and plan to fiberglass it and use the factory mounting positions, then I will screw the snaps to that vs drilling into the windshield ( I think I read that on one of VTBlazers posts). I will have a custom bimini made for just the top of the cage, kinda like a boat I guess, no sides.

Here is a little bit of the door issues...

Part of the cracking looks like it comes from people (passenger side was worse) using the door to gain entry in to the truck... I think the grab handles Steve installed on the cage should prevent that problem from reoccurring.
DustinU is offline   Reply With Quote