View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 09:02 PM   #526
sduckworth13

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Winter Update:

It's been awhile since I last posted, so I thought I'd catch up on a few things. We've been to a few shows this fall but the car cover is now on Maybelline for the winter. We were invited to the KCI All Speed Expo a couple of weeks ago and had the car on display there. They only awarded one trophy per class but we were edged out by Ray Worth who owns a Harley dealership here in KC. Oddly enough, his car was a '57 Ford Custom with a fuel injected Boss 521 Jon Kaase engine. I felt like we had a more detailed car than his, but there was no getting around the impact of that powerplant. We had a great time anyway and bumped into a number of folks we know.

The hydroboost brakes work like gangbusters, but the increased line pressure found one more small leak that was easily fixed by tightening a bleeder valve a little more. Not sure if I mentioned that the trans leak turned out to be a missing o-ring on the downshift lever. With that fixed, the only leak that remains is a very tiny one from the rear main seal. After the car sits for a week or two, there will be a spot about the size of a half dollar under the bell housing lip. Not too bad after all is said and done.

I've been mulling over what to do next and have arrived at a difficult decision. I'm completely out of space to work on anything. I could store one or two vehicles at Subtropolis to free up the necessary room, but still, my present cash flow would hinder progress on CRLS. So I'm testing the market at the moment. We listed Maybelline on Hemming's website a few days ago and the print ad should go out the first of January. If it sells, I'll have both the room and the money to proceed with the truck. I'll let you know how it goes. Till then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you!

P.S. Speaking of Christmas, my (early) present from Kathy was a new set of hoops for the Mopar. Added some needed sparkle.
I agree Vic I think your car was a lot cleaner than the black 57 Ford. You'll get my vote everytime though . Good luck with getting the car sold. The wheels look nice on the Charger.