Thread: 47-55.1 Asian crap parts to avoid
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2024, 01:09 PM   #14
dsraven

Re: Asian crap parts to avoid

that came out a little confusing, you mean they warranty parts THEY install or YOU install? not too many parts stores do installed where I live, some did but they closed that section during covid and it never started up again. we have a store called Canadian Tire and they sell parts and do installs. I suppose they have the warranty on stuff they sold AND installed. most parts have a replacement warranty on stuff that is a manufacturer defect but no labour is paid, just a new part exchanged, over and over in some cases. I had an alt for a Mustang that was replaced about 4 times in the course of 2 days. finally the parts guy just gave up as the new unit they had, and I insisted they test before I left and it sounded like a airplane crashed when he put it on the tester, so he gave me the purchase price back and I went to an alt rebuilder and got one. it worked properly right outta the chute (they did run it up on their tester and gave me the output results, which came out as more than the rated capacity, lol).