View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #128
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Making slow but steady progress. Brought the truck to town (via trailer) to get the front end aligned and everything double checked and torqued to spec. They said I was less than an 1/8" out of alignment for doing it myself, so they shimmed a tad and it is all good to go now, and centered steering wheel too!

After the alignment I took it to the muffler shop and had a set of Magnaflows installed and had short dumps installed behind the cab. It sounds sweet, money well spent there.

The body shop called and said they had got the front clip painted and fit, so I picked it up last week and it is back home for some final under hood wiring clean up as well as minor things like marker lamps and turn signal install etc. This pick makes it look like the front clip has a different sheen to it than the cab, but the cab was dusty/dirty when I brought it to the shop so it is just the dust that makes it look that way (I hope!!)

I struggled with what to do on the grill and headlight trim rings, and the body shop and I came up with this look...it is the same color as the center of the wheels and they blacked out the red in the bow tie, I think it turned out looking sharp!

I also found time to mock up the wing windows. I was thinking I wanted 1 piece windows, but after hearing multiple negative reviews, I went back to the stock set up. I want this to be as soild and sound as it can be since it will be a daily driver in the near future.

Other progress is the interior. I picked up enough sound deadening material to complete the cab. I also have all the gauges wired up and working. I found a set of AutoMeter gauges that fit a factory dash and one is a big speedometer and the other is a quad gauge. The tach fits the center hole somewhat, but I need to have a piece fabricated that allows it to sit flush like the oher 2 gauges. I think I need to work on the tach a bit more bc the RPM's seem too low. Other than that, the hvac system is all in and functioning as it should be as well as all the glovebox parts/pieces installed. Being that I am 6'2" I have limited space behind the seat, so I am going with 4 Kicker 8" subs and an amp behind the seat and the mids n highs will be in the kick panels and dash. Going to go w/ a Retro Sound headunit and then use the aux input to run my iPod. Thats the updates for now, we are hot and heavy into corn harvest for the next month, so wrench time will be limited.

Cheese "still plugging along" Man