View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #16
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Re: Member BAT bad deal

It's bad enough he misrepresented the panels now he is misrepresenting myself. I want the members and Liz to know I treated him courteously and have provided a transcript of our entire correspondence below (combo of PMs and emails). My only "demand" was a refund.

Me:
These panels, while nice, have clearly been installed and are not NOS as advertised. They're not much better than the set I just sold ( http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s....php?p=6854554 ) after purchasing yours in fact. I would like a full refund please and will gladly post pics to the original post that show the wear from installation. Had I known these were not NOS and had been installed I would never have purchased them. Pete

BAT:
I can offer that that is the way the were sold to me and that I never installed them, they were jsut sitting in the box since received.

Can you do me a favor and send me a pic of what you are referring to? I am just trying to understand and if in fact not as advertised of course I will send you a refund.

Barry

Me:
Barry - would you prefer I email them? If not will post to thread. Pete

BAT:
Pleas (sic) do, btXXXXY@aol.com.

I honestly don't understand, I even looked closely at the openings for window crank and door handle to verify no wear/never mounted and did not see any at all. If they were used I would see wear at these spots.

Me:
Pics sent - let me know what you think. Don't get me wrong, the panels are excellent - just used. Pete

Me (emails now):
Hi Barry -
See attached photos. You can see the marks where the screw/ferrules were installed, wear marks with slight rust along the inner aspect of the armrest mounts, and re-bent metal brads on one panel that indicate the stainless trim had been removed.
The panels are in excellent condition but I already had such a set. I was willing to step up to NOS for a possible future build.
Thanks,
Pete

Me:
there may be a member willing to pay the same amount or close. If so, I can ship these from here to that member for you.

BAT:
Not sure what the first picture is, wouldn't you agree that with no wear on the window cranks that they were never used?

Me:

Barry:
That first pic shows indentations from the trim screw ferrules on each door placed side-by-side.
The pics attached on this email show the window crank area from the used black set I have here compared to one of your panels. There is essentially no wear on either. The panels were protected from wear by a plastic grommet between the crank and the panel. The wear happens if these grommets are not replaced after the cranks are removed. lack of wear here does not prove no use.
Pete

BAT:
We'll (sic) I described them based on what I knew and saw. You didn't ask any questions so I really don't feel I misrepresented them. Tell you what, I will refund the shipping amount.

Me:
You represented these as NOS panels. I'm sorry but that was incorrect and that is not my fault. I would like my entire amount refunded unless you have a NOS set of panels to exchange these for.

Bat:
I will refund your shipping

Me:
I'm glad to ship these back to you at your expense. I will have to seek redress through the forum unless you refund my full amount. I have no use for these used panels.

Bat:
My offer stands

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote