View Single Post
Old 06-23-2021, 10:31 AM   #633
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Ok, I need some advice and suggestions.

I have been hinting at a very cool idea I had that now is the time to describe to you all what that idea is and get any suggestions you have or thoughts.

So my idea (i am not known to be the "Norm" lol) is to exit the exhaust up threw the bed of the truck, bring it up at say a 45 Degree angle towards the back. Kind like how some dump the exhaust just below the rear axle, well this would basically be the opposite. If you watch Street Outlaws, like Cantu's truck. I know that it is different, i will build a protection style aluminum guard where the exit from the bed wood is done.

Issues I am thinking about is rain when I am not running it. I do not want to install a tractor flapper, but maybe a drain hole at the bottom, kind of like big trucks, but looking for any suggestions or warning or .....

Anyways, just a thought I have, not sure i will do this, but i like the idea, its different.
Please comment
I get your desire for 'being different' but will also respectfully nod my head in disagreement because it's a current fad. It's the cool thing now to poke your exhaust out the (whatever) body panel w/a stainless trim plate to accessorize the opening (Look @ me! Look @ me!!).

It's a classic truck. Keep it clean & traditional so in 10yrs it's still clean & traditional is my logic. Your opinion may differ. Nothing wrong w/that either.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote