View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 04:44 PM   #68
msgross

Re: Boyd Welding-67-72 Rear Mount Aluminum Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Quick question...how much gap between the top of the tank and the bed cross sill ( meaning can the side tabs be moved so that the tank sits a little higher and tucks even more up under the truck without coming into clearance issues with a bed crossmember)
I measured it and it sits 3/4" below the wood bed crossill, if you lowered your flanges 3/4" then it would be tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveboyd View Post
Mike i really appreciate all your help!!!
any royalties for the design?

Here are some more pics.
1st: you can see the wood bed mounting holes in the crossill, it's darn near perfectly in the center or you have 3/4" of travel left or right..
2nd:It could be raised 3/4" or shorten the tank for even more clearance. It has approx 3/4" on the sides as well as below the crossill, I wanted a little extra room incase I do a trap door filler with the cap that's on it.
3rd:This is a fleet short bed and it hangs about 5" below the fram rail in the rear and maybe 7-8" in the front. I made it slant downward in the front so you can drink every drop of fuel since the outlet is in the front passenger corner.

If anyone else needs pics or measurements i'll leave it mocked up for another day.

1969 C-10 LWB (SOLD) "Project flip that truck or else"
1993 Passport, F@rd 1-ton (SOLD)"Project Cousin Eddie"

My Garage Build "The 1,000 footer"

Last edited by msgross; 10-10-2009 at 04:47 PM.
msgross is offline   Reply With Quote