View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #19
weim55

Re: simple black steel wheels - s10 frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
I'd have to think a fair majority of the S-10 swap brigade is into the 18 inch or larger wheels and fat low profile tires and Those tend to work with the wms to wms of the S=10 where 15x7 steelies that aren't reversed look a bit odd tucked way into the fenders on them. Kind of like running the skinny spare on your wife's mini van.

I did see some misinformation in an above post that needs to be clarified.

Almost all post 1973 GM 1/2 ton GM trucks and vans run on a 5 on 5 bolt pattern.

Depending on the drive train and body style the majority of Caprices, Olds, Pontiac, buick and all Cadillac Big cars had a 5 on 5 bolt pattern.

You could find 5 on 4-3/4 on the mid size Chevelle or other GM equivalent size rigs and some full size Chevy and Olds 88 rigs. On the Chevy and Olds 88 you can't assume that it has one or the other you actually have to check. They had two brake rotor/drum sizes depending on the drive train

This. I was on the hunt for 5 on 5 15x7s. These are not an easy find and pretty much only came on police caprices 1977 and up. In my hunt I came across 5 on 4.75s 15x7s over and over again. They are not that difficult to find and the two vehicles I found them on more than once were 1977 and up Oldsmobile 88 and Buick LeSabre. See if you can get your hands on the Hollander inner change for this wheel and that will give you a complete list of the exact vehicles this came on. If you can find an older junkyard that keeps the old cars I don’t think you will have too much of a problem coming up with A set.
Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote