View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #56
special-K
Special Order

Re: The Big Boys:Let's See Those K/20s & K2500s

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrewCab59 View Post
Here is my 72 GMC that I just picked up 49,xxx miles .
Nice find! That thing shows something different between the K/20s and the 2 wheelers. Here's a pretty basic model yet,of the options it has,I'm looking at two rare and desirable options...tow hooks and 8.25 wheels. Nothin' pretty,just truck stuff. These trucks were about function and they are all cool with no options at all. Options like these were all about function. Take the most loaded 2wd out there with all the sporty options...big block,tach,posi. It still has the same wheel as a total stripper. The wide wheels look cool,but the option was for "flotation" tires which was to enhance off road performance. This fire dept got what it felt it needed and nothing else,including no lock-outs. Figure it was for brush fires and if it was going out,it was going off road. No time to be stopping to "lock'em in" and it ain't no turnpike cruiser needing to free-wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCC View Post
This one lives here
Beautiful truck. No BS,just a beautiful truck. Damn these trucks are stout handsome devils!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-22-2011 at 08:59 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote