View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 09:40 PM   #15
ChevyK10Dan

Re: Lots of NP205 New Process 205 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate781 View Post
I'll take NP205 transfer case shifter 71-72 K5 and an S Link please. let me know how i can pay you. thanks
I've added a pic of the different sizes of S-links I have. I believe I've arranged them in order (Lt to Rt) from oldest to newest, but I don't know the exact year breakdown.
A - I know is pre 1973, and probably pre 1971, but I'm not sure
B - is somewhere around 1971, 72 or 73 to about mid-late 70's?
C - is somewhere in the late 70's or early 80's to about mid 80's?
D - is somewhere around mid to late 80's till they stopped using the 205? (It has a plastic bushing type connector on the TC side of the link.

Ford - unknown year but most likely '77 or older. It is definitely Ford since it is made for the driver's side drop TC.

I used to know all this stuff without thought, but it's been 10+ years and unfortunately I don't know the details like I used to.

I'd recommend "B" for your '71, it's probably the correct one, and the same length as "A" if it's not the correct one. It is also stronger than the flat plate style (A is actually 3 separate pieces, with the studs pressed into the plate, and I have one that has a stud missing.

"A" does have it's place for an exact restoration, for the early models that used it.

I'll follow up with a PM to make sure you get the one you want.

Thanks,
Daniel
Attached Images

ChevyK10Dan is offline   Reply With Quote