View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 01:17 PM   #18
ChevyK10Dan

Re: Lots of NP205 New Process 205 Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
Hi Dan
Would you know what speedo gear count I would need for a truck with 3:73s and 33" tall tires ? ( and does the gear inside the out-put housing need to be changed at the same time ? )
Or
Do you have a speedometer ratio adapter that screws on where the speedometer cable goes that would correct my speedometer ?

Gary
Hi Gary,
That is the same setup I run in my truck. I believe mine reads a little faster then actual speed. When I get home, I'll take a look at what gears I have in mine.
I do have several ratio adapter boxes as well.

I have the later output shaft that uses the red plastic gear (Has 7 teeth). If you have the early style with the metal gear, or a different color plastic gear (they are conveniently color coded) yours will be different than mine, but there's a couple websites I've seen to help calculate the gears needed.

Need to know:
Transmission or transfer case drive gear tooth count.
Axle gear ratio
Tire diameter

Then you can solve for: Transmission or transfer case driven tooth count.

One thing to note is the tire diameter can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, so a 33" tire from one might be closer to 32", and another closer to 33.5". Also the amount of tread on the tire when new vs worn out (more so on mud or all terrain tires) will also affect the true diameter.

If you're able to to confirm the drive gear color, material or tooth count, I'll double check if mine has the 16 tooth driven gear the calculator recommends.

On a side note I'm lowering the price on the GM style driven gears to $40 ea (plus shipping) Still your choice in tooth count.

Thanks,
Daniel
ChevyK10Dan is offline   Reply With Quote