View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 10:16 AM   #246
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
I'm not sure the shape of your back wall there, but anyplace where you could add a 90 to your load plate would help quite a but. I might even consider extending it out to the corners with some bar stock, or better yet some angle.

That Jeep trail looked fun. I did the Great Lakes Jeep Jam myself... in a monsoon. It looks like the rain all stayed plenty notrth of you guys.
the cab wall has a SLIGHT arc so i'll need something like a 3deg bend in the middle to help it sit more flush.

it's getting cut from 1/4" plate, and my thought was that even flat it would be enough stronger than the cab sheet that the cab would give before the plate would bend.

i'd love to tie it further around to the door frame structure or tie the plates together, but that's where i run into my shoulder again. i think this is the best i can get without MAJOR surgery. i think i met the goal of better than a 3pt, but to be race-ready i would basically have to cut off the back of the cab and add 12". an extended cab would be better in a lot of ways.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote