View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #70
Jeffs70

Re: Jeffs70's Custom C-10 Build

Did some more work on the inside of the bed and got most of the panels paint stripped. also worked on some of the outside of the bed to do some body work and I found a problem on the rear of the passenger side that I am going to have to figure out how to fix it..

I went ahead and took a level to see how straight the bed panels are down the side and everything was good till I got to the back part of the passenger and driver side. I knew there was some body work done by the PO when he tried to weld up the rear marker lights and warped the sheet metal

well on the passenger side you will notice in the pictures. everything is flat and looks good till I get to the rear and the tail light area is pushed in and I do not see any place it could be that bad or out of alignment. driver side is in good shape so why is the passenger side about an inch off. especially with the tailgate and rear support still intact from the way it was originally. well I guess this means taking it all apart and re-aligning it. Just seems odd how it looks fine in the rear. an inch is alot

Here is the passenger side pictures
Name:  PassSideBed1.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  27.7 KB
Name:  PassSideBed3.jpg
Views: 1050
Size:  31.7 KB

Here is the driver Side pictures
Name:  DriverSideBed0.jpg
Views: 1052
Size:  36.0 KB
Name:  DriverSideBed1.jpg