View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 01:19 PM   #3
Bunky

Re: Steering shaft ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
The problem you're having is because the spacers moved the gear box to the left somewhat.. With the gear box centered in it's turn count and in the straight ahead position, in order for the center link to attach to the pitman arm, The wheels have to be turned slightly to the left. They can be brought back to the straight ahead position by shortening one tie rod and lengthening the other. With this arrangement, you will always have more turn to one side than the other.

Later frames were notched for clearance for the gear box, but '67s had no such notch.. The proper way to install a PS gear box such as yours would be to clearance the frame so the box can be mounted flat against the frame..
I understand the issue with the notch, and the spacers, this is why I repositioned the idler are to accommodate for this.. ans put the gear box back on center.. my issue is that my turn signals are not cancelling. So I need to know how to reset my shaft to original position from the factory....

My original box had a round I put shaft so the rag joint could go on in any position..my power box has a flat and somewhere in the conversion the wheel was no longer in the corrects spot. So now I would like to go back to square one and make things normal again....

Moving the box 1/4" back is not going to fix this..

Thanks for your reply
Bunky is offline   Reply With Quote