View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 07:01 PM   #19
RustyPile

Re: Rear of truck not leval from left to right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myclassic68 View Post
I just put new -2 inch lowering springs on the front of my c10 and the passenger side sits 1/2” - 3/4” lower than the drivers side. I have checked the frame and it is not tweaked. Any ideas? I am new to these trucks so I don’t know all the tricks and fixes for this. All help is appreciated.
Thanks for dragging out a 13 year old thread.. These old threads need to be aired out occasionally.

Totally ignoring everything previously posted, if I had the same problem you're having, I'd be checking the installation for properly installed and "seated" springs. If anything along these lines isn't found, try swapping the springs side to side.. If the low dimension remains the same side, you may have a tweaked frame or something going on in the rear. If the low dimension moves to the other side, you probably have one spring weaker than the other.

On another note, when lowering the front, suspension and steering geometry have to be maintained. For the first 2 - 3 inches of lowering, dropped spindles are a much better choice over shorter springs.
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote