View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 06:13 AM   #8
djracer

Re: Car Audio Speaker Wiring

I am familiar with your panasonic headunit I know it has rca's so I didn't mention running a high to low convertor! never I quote "never hook up any amp with speaker wire inputs" end quote! the size of the power wire is determined by the size of the amp and the distance of the run don't just run a wire without making sure its big enough! I challenge anyone to be able to hear the difference in speaker wire size unless it an extremely long run or the wire get smaller than 18ga! Typically I run everthing 16 but that's just a preference! if you tell me what size fuse or fuses are in your amp I'll recommend a proper power wire! your radio has an amp turn on wire some don't and they must use the only option which is power antenna wire! If you use the power antenna wire your amp will turn off as soon as you put a cd in the player "NOT GOOD" it is a good idea to keep power away from the rest of your cable but if you are using a modern amplifier it may not be an absolute necessity! If you have any questions feel free to pm or ask here! one more thing it makes no difference what gauge your remote wire is period! The amount of current required to turn onan amp will not even light a bulb type test light! therefore it can be tiny!

Kevin

Special Thanks to All who have helped on the TRUCK!

My Pass Time Show http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p...Chapter1-0.mp4

So Far my best Times are:

Motor only:
6.44 1/8 @ 104.13
10.39 1/4 @ 125.83

Nitrous Times:
5.785 1/8 @ 118.65 with a 1.336 60ft
9.168 1/4 @ 142.58 with a 250 shot dead out of the hole!
djracer is offline   Reply With Quote