View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #12
notchbackgta

Re: Headliner For 1972 Suburban 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdav160 View Post
Just dampen it slightly and it will take a curve. I had my OE headliner out for a couple years and it flattened out.

I wiped it down and stored it on top of the roof to regain it's shape.
So, in the link to that post about the place to buy it, it talked about swelling when it gets wet so I didn't think think it is a great replacement for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
As far as the headliner material many people have used flat material for the Burb headliners with pretty good success as long as it isn't too thick, and there are threads that document it.... It is up to the individuals as to which suggestion is useful to them...

LockDoc
All the posts about the headliner that i have found and read are working with plastic, and that is easily heated to take the necessary shape. I went back all the way to the first )or last page) of suburban posts and haven't seen any other materials being used. This doesn't seem like a good fit because the other thread talks about it swelling when it gets wet, and my old headboard did not want to flatten out without ripping or even bend slightly without breaking. I just made an observation that it doesn't look like a good fit. Bigdav160 refuted me, I can admit if I am wrong, but it doesn't seem like it will work well.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote