View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #155
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Right!

Phase 2, in which my Cajones grow to the size of Cantaloupes as I use the awesome power of Mr Grinder and Mrs Welder….

After sitting on my favourite milk crate for a good 45 minutes I reconsidered my cut line as I wanted to make sure that the join for the B pillar and the cab skin did not over lap - not sure if it is relevant but it just sort of seemed like a good idea.

With the panel mocked up, securely bolted to the sill I took another 45 minutes looking, measuring and taking deep breaths until I could feel the power emanating from my loins reach sufficient levels to make the final cut…

Held in place with the finest Unicorn Poop - and a pair of dodgy mole grips and a panel clamp… Quite pleased…

Managed to tighten the gaps up a bit by moving the pillar up on the bolts. but not before I checked that the sill panel fitted.

New

Old

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here it is all stuck together with more Unicorn Poop and Rainbow Kisses….

Little bit more grinding will get that looking lovely…

And the Money Shot…

Have to thank everyone for their encouragement and advice on undertaking what, for me anyway, was a pretty major task. Having got this bit in I am feeling rather good - think it is time for a celebratory beer and the 50th Episode of RoadKill!

Hope to get the cab panel all sorted over the weekend, but things change rapidly here at Chez Y so we will see.

BAM!

P.
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote