Old 10-05-2021, 11:25 PM   #20
Killer Bee

Re: Tire questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by painterljp View Post
Here's a picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
It's a 6" wheel (5" @ the bead). My dually has a 16x6" front wheel. The 215's come on/are spec'd for 16" x 6" dually wheels. My '99 had/has 16x6" fronts. The OE spec tire is a 245/75-16. I have 215's on it.

If the tire shop is Discount Tire (or the like)..... Go somewhere else.
by her tape measurement, that's a 5" wheel with regards to tire sizing

Wheel width is the distance, in inches, measured from bead seat to bead seat across the barrel of the wheel. Wheel width is used to determine compatible tire sizes and directly affects a tire’s contact patch with the ground. Depending on the width of the wheel, it will either enlarge or shrink your tire’s contact patch, leading to changes in your vehicle’s handling characteristics. The “overall wheel width” is used to determine the wheel backspace and front space measurements.

sounds like you're on the right track for tires

btw, the bead surfaces need to be clean a free of any flaky rust.. tire shop should be able to prep those wheels for a good bead seal.. if it's in the budget, blasted and powered coated would be best.. even a good wire wheel followed by a rattle can job at home should hold up fairly well..

fresh black paint and factory caps would look great - good luck!

I had these 16x7 done for $70 in Huntington Beach, I would hope someone in Albuquerque would give you a better price