Thread: Tire questions
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #21
painterljp

Re: Tire questions

He'll here they want 200$ to blast and powdercoat a set of rally's for the 68. Have to get a picture of the wheels. Thinking they are black but maybe body color which is same color as truck.

Never in my wildest dreams would I think this much thought has to go into buying a set of tires. Always just went to tire ship and picked out ones I thought would be best for my trucks. Not this one. It's just a 1/2 ton with 6 hole 16s. They are original to truck. Took spare to tire ship to see what I had the tire in back of truck spare. Still had original tube in it still holding air but tread had chunks of rubber out of it. It was a 650 16. Tires on truck are 700 16. They fill up wheel well and look good but just rotten. When my son had those put on 15 years ago all rims were stamped 64 on inside. So they are the originals. This truck only has 31000 miles on it but body is dented on every panel. Got it from original owner back when my daughter was 16 now 38. For 300$ It's been rotting away out in yard since. Finally got a bug to fix it up. Can't even drive it to body shop because of the tires. Replace brakes master cylinder last summer so runs and stops. Now for rest. Not going to do full resto just fix it up to drive around at this point. She can't drive a 4 spd so guess I'll have another truck to drive. LOL.

Thanks for all your help. Lois.
painterljp is offline   Reply With Quote