Thread: Tire questions
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #23
1966 K10

Re: Tire questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
trailer tires - I would strongly suggest avoiding trailer tires in any on road application other than on a trailer..

The D902 from Deestone is a bias-ply trailer tire that's designed for use in all wheel positions.

These tires are intended for trailer axles only, and can withstand long miles of in-line hauling. They're not meant for steering or drive axle applications, and their design offers years of reliable service in trailer applications. Choose from favorites like Gladiator, Carlisle and Goodyear trailer tires.
That is strange, when I purchased my set they were rated 10 ply LT. They also offered n 8 ply trailer version for 1/2 the price in the same size ($25) They are just rebranded Power Kings which have been around forever. They recently carried 15K CGVW with trailer up the coast 1200 miles in my 74 3+3 with no issues. Tires themselves show almost no wear after years of driving and were the same size and brand that I replaced on the truck. They also looked great and the only reason I got new tires is the old ones were 25years old. They are still going strong on my brothers truck all these years later.

I guess this is the only 'LT' they offer now

https://simpletire.com/brands/deesto...&userZip=98532
1966 K10 is offline   Reply With Quote