View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #109
IvelDesigns
Commander Taco Bello

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

the night was still young, and i can't go to sleep before midnight, so i was looking for something else to do. So, i pulled the cowl in preparation for shaving the antenna. that came off w/o issue thanks to the front clip removal thread over in the FAQ.

again, trying to keep the noise down, so i didn't make any other progress there.

Over the past couple of weeks i've been tossing around the idea of making a console for the truck instead of just mounting my gauges under the heater control as i had planned. I also want some cup holders and a place to put my switch box instead of sitting on the seat.

So, i did some cardboard fab work tonight to mock up what i want to build. if you're looking to build a console for these trucks, it seems to me that a 13" wide console is perfect. it is the same width as the resess for the heater control, so everything will look semetrical when finished.

i plan to cover this in the same fabric that my bench is covered in, and am considering either mounting a speaker on each side, or a heat vent and running some tubing from the heater to each vent. or maybe both. either way, this is pretty low on the todo list, so you probably won't see an update on this for a while.

nothing to exciting during the "build" of the cardboard mock up, so i'll spare you the details and skip to the pics.

Here ya go:

IvelDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote