View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 10:38 PM   #2
Accelo

Re: Front Disc brake upgrade kit

If you are using the stock wheels you have to be very careful when converting as the caliper takes up a lot more room than the drums. What for the center hub also, it's 3.025.
Read all the reviews, some are complaining bout hoses that are too long. The lowering spindle relocates the caliper so "stock" isn't going to always be correct on a lowered truck. Took me three hoses to get ones that I thought were safe. Others complained bout having to purchase upper control arms when they couldn't get the alignment. Once you get this far you are buried in it and typically can't go back.
The factory disc brakes connect the flexible line to the hard line in front of the spindle and with drums at the rear. You can convert to discs and have the line go either way but it is much easier to connect to the rear factory drum location. Which is what most kits do. Also a somewhat untested run for the flex hose. The brake lines were incorrect sized at the fittings and did not fit to existing hard lines on the truck. I am quoting several buyers "I would advise anyone to double check that so you don't end up with a down truck due to lines."

Some customers said everything worked perfectly. For me, I fought the brakes and the brakes won. Well I eventually did get it but it was a long and extended hassle. Getting the brake lines from the MC to the cross-member was hell for me. I now have a $250 hydraulic flaring tool that I needed to fix the "plug and play" lines I purchased. I recommend going with steel line for the first timers.

Some board members report a plug and play system. Hopefully, some will give you some feedback. I am suspicious by nature and rarely disappointed by resellers.
Cheers

Last edited by Accelo; 01-30-2023 at 11:45 PM.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote