View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 06:51 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: What’s happening out there...

Someone needs to bring their cattle prod over here. I'm on a slump with my '72. It's ridiculous. I have been concentrating on the house and buildings in the big picture, but I really need to make time really soon to get up under that truck and get that broken starter bolt out. I have such a mental block going with it. I think about laying up under there, can't see squat, drill squeezed up between things, drilling up, neck hurtin'... I talk myself out of it. I should have pulled the motor, put it on a stand, rolled it over, and extracted that thing last summer. It would be done and I could re-gasket the engine/put front seal in TH350. That's what I really want to do, but that takes too much away from progress on the house. So it's just get that broken bolt out so I can at least start it and drive it!

It's that old story, spread too thin. My hopes are to get house primed for selling. I'm either buying a place with a shop or building one first thing. Meanwhile, once house is in shape I will get back to my trucks... and Harley.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote